When looking to a hire a contractor, there’s no shortage of available options. The contractor industry is very competitive with a lot of different companies to choose from. However, not all companies provide the same quality of work or professionalism. When reviewing contractors for an office renovation project, business owners should ask the following five questions to measure the contractors’ skill, professionalism, and to see if they can provide the type of work the business owners are looking for.
The Five Questions To Ask Your General Contractor
- How Long Have You Been In Business: a business with a long history of quality work and satisfied customers is far more likely to provide the results business owners are looking for. Also, when asking contractors about their experience, business owners should ask for references from previous clients who had projects that were similar in scope to the work they need to be performed.
- What is Your Timeline for Completion: office improvement and renovation projects can take a long time and rushing them is rarely a good idea. But while business owners should be patient, they should also be aware of what the time frame for a project is. A contractor should be able to provide a general timeframe of how long a project should take from start to finish.
- Can You Provide an Itemized Bid: contractor work can involve an assortment of various goods, items, and labor costs. Before starting any project, business owners should have a general idea of the costs of the project and how these costs break down. An itemized bid divides the total cost of the project into its various elements such as materials and labor.
- How Will Additional Charges Be Managed: even with an itemized bid additional unplanned charges can still occur. For example, when renovating a restroom, a contractor may discover structural damage that the business owners had no way of knowing about but that still needs to be repaired for the project to be completed. Occurrences such as this are not uncommon, and a contractor should have methods in place to discuss additional charges with the business owners and how they will be integrated into the overall project.
- What Steps Will You Take to Protect My Property: a contractor should always treat a business owner’s property with respect and with a focus on safety. These steps should include general safety measures, performance guidelines, proper on-site management, and having the proper insurance. A contractor should always be properly insured to protect from any accidents or injuries that occur. If a contractor does not carry general liability or workers compensation insurance they should not be considered for the job.
Final Thoughts And Considerations
Hiring a contractor is an involved process and should not be rushed through. Whenever you find yourself in need of residential or commercial painting and renovation services in Metro Atlanta, you can rely on AAA Painting & Renovation for prompt, professional results. Give us a call today to schedule your free estimate at 770-643-6029!